Initiated by outgoing gallery director Julia Peyton-Jones, the Serpentine Gallery’s programme of pavilion building began at the turn of the century with a tensile structure by the late Zaha Hadid. Sixteen years later, and the pavilion is a highlight of the summer calendar, both in terms of its creative direction and as a venue for events.
Other news coverage:
- The Guardian, June 7, 2016: Serpentine pavilion 2016: Bjarke Ingels’ pyramid for the Minecraft generation
- Interior Design, June 9, 2016: 4 Summer Houses Join London’s 2016 Serpentine Pavilion
- Domus, June 8, 2016: Serpentine Unveiled
- Architecture Now, June 8, 2016: 2016 Serpentine Pavilion revealed
- Architectural Record, June 17, 2016: 2016 Serpentine Pavilion and Summer Houses