Championing the possibilities of new ideas in contemporary art since opening in 1970, the Serpentine has presented pioneering exhibitions for almost half a century, showing a wide range of work from emerging practitioners to the most internationally recognised artists of our time, providing a place for them to experiment and an open platform for them to be seen and heard.
Prompted by Mexican architect Frida Escobedo’s (born 1979) 2018 Serpentine Pavilion design, this catalog is the first publication to focus on her continuing work. It collects writing and images that have acted as her reference points for the pavilion. More…
First published by Walther König, Cologne
Order the book at Walther König or on Amazon
- Serpentine Pavilion 2018 by Frida Escobedo, June 15, 2018 to October 7, 2018, Serpentine Galleries, London, UK
- Park Nights 2018, July 13, 2018 to September 21, 2018, Serpentine Galleries, London, UK
Across two sites, the Serpentine Gallery and the Serpentine Sackler Gallery present a year-round, open programme of exhibitions, education, live events and technological innovation, in the park and beyond.
- Arch Daily: Frida Escobedo’s 2018 Serpentine Pavilion Opens in London, June 11, 2018
- CNN: Frida Escobedo’s 2018 Serpentine Pavilion blurs British and Mexican influences, June 19, 2018
- Floornature: Frida Escobedo Serpentine Pavilion 2018 London, June 14, 2018
Paperback: 168 pages
Publisher: Walther König, Köln (October 23, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 9.5 inches